Monday, April 19, 2010

the never-ending search for jr. prom



Now, I've been trying to get myself a dress for basically, ever. On Saturday, my mom and I went on a major search for a dress. I went to Estelle's, this place on Long Island which is completely humongus and have plus sized dresses and everything. Now, I tried on a couple of pretty cute ones and here's my first rule, DO NOT WEAR DRESSES THAT ARE TIGHT AROUND THE WAIST. I would have taken a picture to show you what a dress looks like tight around the stomach, but I couldn't even look at myself. It only accentuates your stomach even more and we chubz don't want that, do we?

Now, my Sweet 16 dress last year was my favorite dress ever. It was an eggplant purple that was tight around the chest, with a little cross over and it fell under. It was so pretty. I just found a picture. It has my mom in it, sorry. But so yeah, it covered my stomach well and looked terrific!


So, of course I wanted a dress similar to that for my prom, so I went on the hunt. And they had nothing similar. We then gave up for the day and found another store in Port Jeff, that didn't work out well, they had no short dresses in my size. You had to order it and my prom is in a month and it takes 6-8 weeks to deliver. We then went to David's Bridal where I tried on a couple of dresses and found one similar to my Sweet 16, but I wasn't completely in love with it.


It was a light sky blue with the same kind of way, the tight chest and a dropped bottom, but on the chest, there was a little design. But I wasn't like thrilled with it, so I had a fit in the middle of the store and left. I really needed a dress though and my mom was getting annoyed with me, so I went onto Dream Diva, an australian line, just cause I liked one of the dresses.


This post is so long. But then I called my mom upstairs and we started having a little fun, photoshopping my face onto dresses on different sites and I basically fell in love with one of them. I actually posted it my junior prom dress post before. Hahahaha, it looks good with my hair, ahahahhaahah. But yeah, my date thought it was a "me" kind of dress.
My favorite part is that it has the sparkles on the chest, the satin falling part which is similar to my sweet 16. So I'm excited. :)

2 comments:

Tiffany W said...

I'm so happy you found a dress, I'm going to be looking for a dress tomorrow and I know how frustrating that can, I hope I find one.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you found one, and that it fits! I love it!