Friday, January 29, 2010

Torrid Spring Lookbook Review

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Do I really need to explain why I don't like this? Honestly I really can't. When I look at these pictures I'm simply ... speechless. In a bad way.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I don't really like this one either, I think the picture on the right is cute. Picture wise, but I wouldn't wear that outfit. I just wouldn't, :/.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I didn't really think the corset was necessary for this picture, the plaid is cute (I wouldn't buy it), but it's still ok.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I honestly and sincerely HATE this model. She makes the outfit look so bad. No offense to her, but seriously, the pictures are just unflattering.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Shoes: Really?" - my mom. She looked at the collection with me just before and had the same reaction. I just don't get it, Torrid.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Same thing as the other five pictures, it's just not flattering. The only thing I want are the boots and they're not worth $62.

Here's the thing, Torrid. We are in/coming out of a recession. How do you expect us to spend all of our money on your clothes, especially when they are trashy? After my jean disaster, I NEVER want to look at your clothes again. I used to be such a fan, I checked the site religiously at least twice a day ... not even kidding. I am simply disappointed, either you lower your prices cause I wouldn't even take money from you guys to wear your clothes or you legit just start over. What happened to my favorite store ever? :(

Torrid dropped the ball on their Spring Lookbook 2010.

3 comments:

carly mary said...

i dunno... it's always hit or miss with torrid. they have a really geared audience like the really goth-y grungy style. but some of their things like some of the black dresses or the jeans on their own would be cool.

Carly said...

yeah, you're right. i mean, but are they worth the price? $58-$72 dollars for a pair of jeans really isn't worth it, especially if they rip after a year like my other pair. I'd rather buy some from Kohl's and actually keep some change in my pocket.

And as for the dresses, the black dress in the first photo is cute, but idk. And same for the denim dress, up close it looks like cheap material for an expensive price.

Carly said...

AND I LOVE YOUR NAME :)